Christmas is over so I really have no excuse for missing anymore Top 10 Tuesdays, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be lazy about it! Yes, that’s right! This week you get yet another wonderful list of random hockey related garbage you probably didn’t already know about me. Like you care, right? Try to enjoy yourself! I know it’s hard. Also, please check back with the last list. That Oshawa Generals charity game is fast approaching! Get your tickets now!!
10. In my lifetime I have called several teams “my team:” Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), Phoenix Coyotes (NHL) Kitchener Rangers (OHL), St. Michaels Majors (OHL), Guelph Storm (OHL), Milwaukee Admirals (AHL), Toronto Marlies (AHL). When it comes down to it, I’m just a lover of the game.
9. My sister (who is actually 17) goes to the same high school as the Kitchener Rangers. I was there to pick her up once, and saw that the Rangers have their own “special lockers” all together with hockey players painted on them. Hahaha! Makes it easy for the bunnies to stake out!
8. When I bought my new car in August, I neglected to put some of my hockey stuff back in the new one. Now the only hockey stuff that isn’t in a box in the trunk is my 1975 Flyers Stanley Cup mug, and a small Flyer hoisting the 1974 cup. Sadly, the Philly dice are in the trunk along with countless Leafs trash, the 2005 Milwaukee Admirals team composite, and an Islanders bobblehead.
7. While I was in New York for the Coyotes game at MSG I ran into Dave Strader (Phoenix’s TV play-by-play commentator) at the NHL store. He smiled at me, and I couldn’t be sure if it was because he recognized or if he was being polite.
3. Small things amuse me. At the Coyotes game in Toronto on Dec 16th, not only did the anthem singer mess up the CANADIAN national anthem BIG TIME, but a puck flew past my seat and landed on top of the pizza the girl behind me was eating. How did I not piss my pants laughing? This picture also amuses me!
1. You all know about Coach DILF John Stevens buying me dessert and tea, but did you know that Coach DILF Paul Maurice TOUCHED me?! Oh yeah, that’s right! Mmm mmm mmm! So he was shaking my hand at the time, whatever, you’re just jealous!